Five performances, April 27-30, at UCLA’s James Bridges Theater
Act One — Written by James Lapine from Moss Hart’s best-selling autobiography, Act One celebrates Broadway and the life of the playwright whose wit and wisdom charmed the American stage for decades. Moss’s son, Christopher Hart, directs, and Mark Jude Sullivan (Sing It!), Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle) and Jon Tenney (Major Crimes) head the cast. Each of the five performances at UCLA’s state-of-the-art James Bridges Theater will be recorded live in front of an audience for future radio broadcast, distribution on CD, digital download, podcast and online streaming. L.A. Theatre Works’ syndicated radio theater series broadcasts weekly on public radio stations across the U.S. (locally, in Southern California, on KPFK 90.7 FM); can be heard daily in China and around the world on the Radio Beijing Network; can be downloaded as a podcast via iTunes and Wondery.com; and can be streamed on demand at www.latw.org.
• Written by James Lapine
• Adapted from the autobiography by Moss Hart
• Directed by Christopher Hart
• Starring Paul Culos, Heidi Dippold, Jake Green, Jane Kaczmarek, Anna Mathias, André Sogliuzzo, Daniel David Stewart, Mark Jude Sullivan and Jon Tenney
• Produced by Susan A. Loewenberg
• L.A. Theatre Works is a Friend of ArtsMonth. Visit ArtsforLA.org for more information about how to advocate for the arts in Los Angeles during the month of April.
• Thursday, April 27 at 8 p.m.
• Friday, April 28 at 8 p.m.
• Saturday, April 29 at 3 p.m.
• Saturday, April 29 at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, April 30 at 4 p.m.
James Bridges Theater
UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
235 Charles E. Young Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90095
(enter UCLA from Hilgard just south of Sunset Blvd.; park in Lot 3 on the lower level)